Converting tuples to dictionaries?

Mart van de Wege mvdwege.usenet at drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 25 14:34:23 EDT 2001

In <mailman.1001321845.17485.python-list at python.org>, Simon Brunning wrote:

>> From:	Mart van de Wege [SMTP:mvdwege.usenet at drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org] Thank
>> you (and Simon too of course), that will help me a lot. Expect me back soon
>> with more Python/PostgreSQL questions :)
>
> Welcome.
>
>> BTW, I'm having a hard time finding an API description for the Python-DB API
>> 2.0. I guess I'll have to start digging through the source? Thankfully it is
>> mostly self-documenting.
>
> This is definitive -
> <http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html>.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon Brunning
> TriSystems Ltd.
> sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk

Hmmm,

This reply is for the benefit of the public, as I already answered your
courtesy email (Thanks!).

I've seen the docs on python.org, but they appear to be not quite complete.
According to dir(cursor_object) there are a couple of methods not covered in
the API description. Also, I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly
what arguments the methods take and what they return.

OTOH I'm not having a lot of trouble finding out what things do with trial and
error, and I think I'd have less trouble reading the source than getting my
head round OO programming, as I am a procedural programmer originally.
Thanks anyway,

Mart

--
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.
Requiescant in pace.