Help with Boa Error...

Jose Rivera jriveramerla at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 22:29:52 EDT 2001

Please help me to understand why BOA don't works even the tutorial??

I am new to BOA and I'm doing the Getting Started tutorial and BOA don't work
when I want to add the status bar to MyFrame1.

My configuration is:
a) It happens the same on WindowsNT at work and at home on WindowsME
b) ActivePython 2.1
c) wxPython 2.3
d) BOA installed on c:\BOA
e) Python and demos of wxPython works ok...

This is Whay I'm doing.
1. Select MyFrame
2. Put it on design mode
3. And try to click the StatusBar control but it stops working...

I can close the frame window and BOA works again...

Below is the messages generated by the DOS Window where is running BOA.PY...

AttributeError: wxFramePtr instance has no attribute 'find'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\BOA\Boa-0.0.5\Views\Designer.py", line 1174, in OnPaint
  File "C:\BOA\sender.py", line 25, in getObject
    return self.objectDict[self.stripThis(eventObject.GetEventObject())]
  File "C:\BOA\sender.py", line 19, in stripThis
    return eventObject[1:string.find(eventObject, '_', 1)]
  File "C:\PYTHON21\lib\string.py", line 171, in find
    return s.find(*args)
AttributeError: wxFramePtr instance has no attribute 'find'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\BOA\Boa-0.0.5\Views\Designer.py", line 1174, in OnPaint
  File "C:\BOA\sender.py", line 25, in getObject
    return self.objectDict[self.stripThis(eventObject.GetEventObject())]
  File "C:\BOA\sender.py", line 19, in stripThis
    return eventObject[1:string.find(eventObject, '_', 1)]
  File "C:\PYTHON21\lib\string.py", line 171, in find
    return s.find(*args)
AttributeError: wxFramePtr instance has no attribute 'find'

Thanks ...