"self" vs other names

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Sep 27 23:33:37 EDT 2001

Grant Griffin wrote:

[LOL... snip brilliant comic treatise on self]

> For me, four letters isn't too many.  I can't really justify that except to say

Ah, but there's the one mistake yourself made.  For "me", four letters
would be two letters too many.  Otherwise it would be "meee", or "melf"
or something like that.  Still acceptable to Python, naturally, but
curiously enthusiastic-sounding to most other programmers.

> Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
> Publisher of dspGuru                           http://www.dspguru.com
> Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com

Iowegian is definitely a better name than Me-o-us-gian though...

-Peter himself