Selecting varray using python

Amin Abdulghani aminabdu at paul.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 5 15:03:07 EDT 2001

In the makefile for DCOracle threre is a setup  for 8i also, so my
guess was DCOracle supports 8i. Select clauses where columns have
atomic values seem to be OK.

Anyhow I tried the whole thing again with DCOracle2. This time
again something strange happened:

1) I have a table "test2" with 2 columns "id" and "arrcol". Arrcol
is of type "arrtype" which is a varray of varchar.

2) This is what I inserted to the table test2:

insert into test2 values (1, arrtype('john','paul'));

3) Selecting from sqlplus returns:
select * from test2

     1, ARRTYPE('john', 'paul')

4) Now using python I type

>>> db = DCOracle2.connect("...")
>>> c= db.cursor()
>>> c.execute("select * from test2")
1
>>> c.description
[('ID', 'NUMBER', 22, 22, 38, 0, 1), ('ARRCOL', 'TYPE', 2000, 2000, 0, 0, 1)]
>>> c.fetchone()
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I was expecting a list to be returned. Anyone familiar with Varrays able
to help out?

Thanks..
Amin