Pymacs - tuples/lists .vs. proper-lists/vectors

John Wiegley johnw at gnu.org
Mon Sep 17 14:01:33 EDT 2001

> Pymacs is young enough to afford the change suggested above, so I
> think I'm going to dive and do it right now.  Yet, remains in the
> back of me a bit of doubt.  Please tell me if I am goofing big by
> accepting the above change!

When considering the underlying representation: of fixed-length list
vs. variable-length list, I think the choice becomes much easier.  If
you were converting between Python and C++, I'd want [] to go to
list<T> and () to go to vector<T>.  Again, because of the underlying
representation, not because of any syntactic congruity.

John