static and dynamic library ?

Armin Samide samide at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Sep 11 14:43:56 EDT 2001

Hi !

I have a little problem embeding the Python interpreter in a c++ app.
I have built python from the sources and got ( beside a lot of other
output ) python21.dll and python21.lib

The I wrote a simple test application and wanted to test some simple
instructions from the Python/C Api, like PyRun_SimpleString and
PyRun_SimpleFile to create some output and linked the static python library
against the object.

Everything is ok until this point but if I try to execute this program at
the first sight everything is working fine, but later I reconized that my
little program only works if it find the dll python21.dll .
Without this dll nothing happens after starting the program.
So what do I have to do if I want to create a standalone executable not
depending on any library ?

I hope someone could give me some hints because for me everything I've done
seems to be correct ?

thanks,
Armin