Winer on MS scripting strategy: implications for Python.NET?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 4 06:14:33 EDT 2001

fluxent at yahoo.com (Bill Seitz) writes:

> Thoughts?

I know that python.net will be different, in language semantics, from
CPython and Jython, and I guess that the differences will be larger
than between the C and J variants. That won't pose a problem to users
of Python.NET, since their code won't port to CPython, anyway, because
the libraries are so dramatically different. Or, if they have portable
code, why run it in Python.net, if you can run it in standard Python
as well?

Selection of specific libraries always produces subcommunities,
e.g. people that use PyQt, NumPy, SWIG, PyXML, PythonWin, ... will
have code that is tied to those libraries. .NET won't be any different
- it is just another set of libraries.

Regards,
Martin