python.exe/Tkinter hang on exit

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Sat Sep 22 13:10:06 EDT 2001

Following up on myself:

It seems the (python.exe) hang on exit problems really IS in Tk.  During a
debugging session, I was able to throw the "hung" process into the debugger and
check the status of some things (see below).  However, I didn't have a symbol
table for Tk 8.3 so........

Do I have to build Tk from scratch in order to get a symbol table or is there
one out there (for 8.3 which came with Python 2.0) ?

I am biding my time on rebuilds waiting for 2.2 to 'finish' (for which I will do
a complete build).

================================
Process status is Console Terminating (or so Taskinfo2000 says).

Call stack from throwing into debugger:
TCL83! 009fdf68()
TCL83! 009d1174()
TCL83! 009c1127()
TCL83! 009c101c()
TCL83! 009fcf53()
TCL83! 00a099b6()
KERNEL32! bff8d123()
81b517f4()

[Current Process Pane]

|Handle| |Type|         |Refs||Name|

4 :      Process          10  PID:FFF85157, C:\PYTHON20\PYTHON_D.EXE
8 :      Console           3
C :      Screen Buff       3
10 :     Screen Buff       3
18 :     Event             1
1C :     Event             1
20 :     Event             1
24 :     Event             1
28 :     Event             1
2C :     Event             1
30 :     Thread            2
34 :     Event             1
38 :     Event             1
3C :     Thread            3  ThID:FFF9895B, PID:FFF85157,
C:\PYTHON20\PYTHON_D.EXE

fff9895b, loc=9fdf68