waste of life

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Sep 12 20:22:57 EDT 2001

> > As I have not heard a single word about it on the list so
> far, I thought that

I think that's because most people have other outlets for their feelings,
and prefer not to pollute a technical newsgroup with off-topic
conversations.

I have seen exactly the same thing in most forums and newsgroups I
participate in - there is at most one thread on the tragedy, and in most
cases none.

Web sites appear to have differing opinions on what to do - for example,
among the online comics I visit, about half have put up a message expressing
their condolences, and removed any comics, a number more have put up
messages, but continued their comics, some have ignored it completely, and a
few have expressed their feelings in a comic created especially.

Personally, I prefer to keep this type of thing offline.

Tim Delaney