Pythonwin and .NET

Maan Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Thu Sep 6 20:24:24 EDT 2001

This is a question for Mark Hammond.
The Buzzword these days is .NET, and quite frankly I have not had the time
to get familiar with this 'new' technology.
However, on all our NT servers we use PythonWin for ASP work; and in
addition, more recently, we got into the regular CGI Python scripts.  In
other words, we do depend on Pythonwin for ASP Python scripting.  Also,
recently, we are delving into using Python with COM objects beyond the mere
use for web pages.
In other words, PythonWin is emerging by itself to be a centerpiece package.
So the question is:
How will Microsoft .NET affect PythonWin and the way we do things through
ASP and Python at least.  If there is a website where you comment on these
things I can look at it.  Or you are welcome to offer some of your comments
here.
Thanks,
Maan