Best way to learn Python?

Andrei Kulakov sill at optonline.net
Mon Sep 24 14:58:46 EDT 2001

On 23 Sep 2001 22:29:07 GMT, Peteejr10 <peteejr10 at aol.com> wrote:
> I taught myself to program in C and im just now teaching myself python. Once
> you learn a difficult program language like C other programming languages are
> so simple. Dont start with python, satrt with a more deep language like C but
> dont start with Java. Python compliments C. Visit:
> (http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/)
>  It is a great Python and overall programming source.
>     -pepe

I don't really understand this logic. It's sort of like saying "Don't
learn to ride a bycicle first, instead leart to fly a mig-21, so that
learning to ride bycicle will appear easy in comparison".

I started off by learning C++ and never got much done with it, aside from
some cgi program (yeah, I know..). IMHO, one should start with a language
that minimizes the time between opening your first book and writing
something interesting. Once this distance is finished, it's easy sailing
from then on because whenever you do something new you at least have some
frame of reference in with your first program and you can take manageable
steps toward more complex stuff.

The main danger and the hardest thing to avoid is giving up before you get
to the first interesting working useful to you program you made.

- Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org