database access !? ODBC, mxODBC!?

Allan M. Wind allanwind at mediaone.net
Tue Sep 11 20:27:55 EDT 2001

On 2001-09-11 10:49:56, Kenneth Tsang wrote:

> hi, in my applicaitons I need database access to different backend like
> mySQL, Access and SQLServer. Please advice which db module I should use!?
> I;ve seen mxODBC, however, it seems that it's a commercial one. Thx.

For Unix/Linux, you might want to check out sqlrelay which support a
number of different databases (ODBC, Oracle, MySQL, mSQL, PostgreSQL,
Sybase, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Interbase, Lago and SQLite) and a
number of language bindings C, C++, Perl, Perl-DBD, Python, Python-DB,
Zope, PHP, Ruby and Java.

http://www.firstworks.com/sqlrelay.html

Might want to mention it under http://www.python.org/topics/database/
somewhere?