Idea about method parameters

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 26 15:00:50 EDT 2001

Markus Schaber wrote:

> And this is exactly why I begun this discussion here. I wanted to know
> whether there are more (enough) programmers that will like it, what bad
> side effects it has, and whether it is worth any effort.

I tend to be very conservative about changes to Python, but I have to
confess that this one I do like.  Its syntax is obvious and
seems to me to be cleaner and more controlled
than Wolfgang's (admittedly clever) __dict__ approach; in particular,
it would catch misspellings (if the use used a keyword that wasn't
in the argument list).

I'm still waiting to learn of any bad side effects....

Thanks,
Tom Loredo