No subject

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Mon Sep 10 15:50:10 EDT 2001

Norman Shelly writes:

> I agree that ARG_24 is THE most important point. I believe this same point is
> THE most important point behind the new assignment feature, e.g.
> x += 1
> x *= 4
> and the same argument is THE most important point to make for a CASE/SWITCH
> statement in python.
> While you're in the PEP writing mode why not create another PEP where ARG_24 is
> extended and pushed for all areas where it makes sense and show where new
> features have been added that fit this point.

Hmmm.....

I agree with you, that this (ARG_24) is really vital. But I think it's
beyond the scope of a single PEP to suggest ALL the changes that might
be appropriate. I think it would get the discussion all mixed up. I
don't think that it's necessary to agree to a case/switch statement in
order to support a conditional expression.

I guess I just think we'll never get anywhere if we try to bite off too
big a bite at once.

Besides... I don't think I'd support the CASE/SWITCH statement (although
this would be, for me, the strongest argument in favor of it!).

-- Michael Chermside