validating xml parser?

Narayan Desai desai at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 21 00:19:47 EDT 2001

Hi. I have been looking for a validating XML parser for python that
includes schema support. It looks like there is a xerces based parser
module. It seems to support schemas. Can parser backends be
coerced into looking like either sax or dom, or will a module only be
implimented for one? I have found a number of validating parsers that
implement at least SAX support, but I would really like to use one
that does dom as well. Is there some comprehensive documentation I
should be reading someplace? I can find specific examples, but no
generic info about how the whole subsystem works...
thanks..
 -nld