nntplib and xover

Rick Pasotto rickp at telocity.com
Tue Sep 18 16:06:12 EDT 2001

On 18 Sep 2001 19:31:16 +0200 in comp.lang.python, Martin von Loewis
wrote:
> rickp at telocity.com (Rick Pasotto) writes:
>
> > Some news servers return the Xref: line in response to the XOVER
> > command. Currently the nntplib does not include this line.
> >
> > 1) Will this be included in future versions?  2) What is the best
> > way to get this line now?
>
> I'd recommend to use the .xover method of the NNTP class.

What do you think I'm doing now? It does *not* return the Xref: line.
All it returns is the eight items (article number, subject, poster,
date, id, references, size, lines). There is a ninth item that is
getting thrown away.

> Guido's time machine at work?

What are you trying to say?

--
You contend that I am wrong to teach my son science and
philosophy; I believe you are wrong to teach yours Greek and