COM and printing an Acrobat

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 19:13:25 EDT 2001

In article <cLzOLLA1Gro7EwmO at gol.com>, Ian Parker <parker at gol.com>
writes

>I'm working on a little python program to print the contents of a
>directory whatever (within a limited range) the type of documents
>contained within.
>
>Rather to my surprise it's easy, using win32com, to print Word, Excel
>Powerpoint and Viso files
>
>Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck on how to print Acrobat files.  Acrobat 4
>provides an ActiveX control intended for use in IE, but I'm stumped how
>to make use of it to print.
>
>Any ideas?

under unix printing pdf can be done using the acroread program and
command line options. It's more difficult with win32. I have used a
sendkeys like approach to get the default menus to work. The 4.0 reader
under windows has quite an extensive COM interface, but it's pretty bad
at real automation.
--
Robin Becker