Using Python for Science: Cygwin versus Native

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Mon Sep 24 13:59:11 EDT 2001

gb at cs.unc.edu wrote:
> I'm trying to switch from Matlab to Python + Numeric for my research
> work. The number of choices required is bewildering.

This really sounds to me like you need Linux!

If you really need to interact with Windows apps, you may be able to use
Wine, VMware or Win4Lin.

Linux really is a much better platform for Scientific computing... why
do people put so much effort into making Windows look/act like *nix,
when they could just run *nix??

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,