Performance of list comprehensions vs. map

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Thu Sep 6 22:43:57 EDT 2001

In article <3B97EB8D.D64CE8F0 at home.net>,
Chris Barker  <chrishbarker at home.net> wrote:
>Skip Montanaro wrote:
>>
>> You're more than welcome to write a PEP.
>
>The reason I havn't is that I am in no position to impliment even a
>prototype of the idea (both time and skills), and unless someone who is
>in that position takes some interest, there really isn't any point. It
>also may be a just plain bad idea, so I would like more feedback before
>I went that far. Thanks for your input, I have certainly learned from
>this discussion.

You may want to bring this up on python-dev; most of the core developers
(except for Tim) pay little attention to c.l.py these days.  Also, the
whole point of a PEP is to formalize the feedback process; you do *not*
need to be in a position to implement it.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose."