py2dll ?

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Fri Sep 7 02:55:40 EDT 2001

Is there something like py2exe, that generates DLLs ?

I've embedded the best programming language in the world, Python, to
my existing C application. Actually, I start up a python-powered
webserver, with fixed scripts. Currently, I use PyRun_SimpleFile() for
this; it would be great if it were possible to generate a DLL from the
scripts and call this instead.

In my rather simpleminded viewpoint, this should more or less only
mean changing main.exe to main.dll, and exporting a standard function
from it, right ?