Getting expat compiled properly

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Mon Sep 17 07:35:56 EDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:54:17 +0200, "Magnus Lie Hetland"
<mlh at idi.ntnu.no> wrote:

:"Mats Wichmann" <mats at laplaza.org> wrote in message
:news:3b95f5d8.112439689 at news.laplaza.org...
:[snip]
:> :The problem is that I'm not an administrator at this machine, so
:> :it would be a bit awkward... I guess I could take the #!/usr/bin/env
:> :trick to new heights, but...
:>
:> You're limited to one argument...
:
:I assume that's some strange restriction imposed by using env in the
:hash-bang context? I see that it doesn't work -- although it works in
:other contexts, e.g:
:
:$ env foobar=1 python -c 'import os; print os.getenv("foobar")'
:1

Yes, it's a limit on the #! construct which is a weird hack anyway.

#! path-to-interpreter argument

You can only pass one argument to the interpreter.  Using env as the
"interpreter" means you're not hardwiring the path to Python but also
means you can't pass /any/ arguments to Python.

Mats Wichmann