google, Python, and eleven (was Re: google and Python ;-)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Sep 23 17:13:10 EDT 2001

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Peter Hansen wrote:

>...     f = lambda x, y : x+y
>...     return reduce(f, map(int, str(reduce(f, map(ord, s)))))
>11
>7
>12
>13
>15
>11

Lets make PEP 11 about Numerology constraints on Python module names.
There must be standard numerology API so nobody will abuse the science
any more! (And backdoors for the gov'ts, as usual ;-)

I am not sure ASCII codes is suitable for such use, though.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, September 23, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/