Questions on COM Objects scripting

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Sep 3 21:32:44 EDT 2001

Maan Hamze wrote:

> Taking into account that the very same thing works fine with something like
> "Excel.Application"; what does this error tell me about "Breeze.Scene"?

That Breeze.Scene is not registering itself in the "Running Object
Table".  This should not be a problem - the fact that Excel works is
more unusual than the fact that Breeze.Scene does not.

> 2.  Using Python ActiveScripting
> From inside the applicatio itself (Breeze Designer) there is a facility to
> run Macros with languages with ActiveScripting capabilities including
> Python.
> "Breeze.Scene" is created automatically when Breeze is started.
> a macro starts with $Scripting_Language

"Breeze.Scene" should not be created automatically - that would suck.
Hopefully what you mean is that a "Breeze" object is created, and it
should have a "Scene" attribute.

You could try printing "globals()" to see exactly what is in the
ActiveScripting namespace.  If "Breeze.Scene" really does exist in the
namespace, then we will need to pull some tricks to work around a very
poor decision by the povray people.

Keep in mind that VB is not case sensitive, but Python is.  Have you
tried "breeze"?

Mark.