[OT] Strange IE5.5 Caching Behavior

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 12 20:08:25 EDT 2001

"Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams" <ignacio at openservices.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Steve Holden wrote:
>
> > Sorry about this post being off-topic, but c.l.py is the largest
collection
> > of web-heads I have easy access to. If you know nothing about HTTP,
please
> > ignore this.

[description of puzzling browser failure to use Last-Modified headers
appropriately]

> > regards
> >  Steve
>
> What is the clock skew between the client and server?

I have *no* idea why, but suddenly IE5 is quite happily causing the server
code to generate 301 responses for graphics that have not been modified. Who
knows why the problem occurred in the first place?

don't-you-just-hate-it-when-you-don't-discover-the-problem-ly y'rs  - steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/