Python and Zope

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 12:50:41 EDT 2001

Three points:

1. Python will work with .NET (see ActiveState's web site for Visual Python .NET
beta. So, any work you do now in Python will not be lost if you later convert to
the .NET runtime, in fact, Python will offer a fully compatible, more productive
development environment for .NET than any other language.

2. .NET is simply not ready *yet*, so I suspect it would be a little hard to do
your work right now in .NET. I agree with you that .NET looks promising and is
well thought out, but it is very early in the day to be committing a major
project to .NET, especially when the Python option is so inviting, both now
(fully mature development environment) and in the future (fully compatible .NET
language).

3. Zope works, is more powerful than any other option available at this time,
and because its written in Python, has a great future.

Cheers,

Ron Stephens