Direct TK interface

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Wed Sep 19 14:13:06 EDT 2001

Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.net> schrub:

> Markus Schaber <markus at schabi.de> wrote in message
> news:<2764949.5mLc6kNg2l at lunix.schabi.de>...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just wondering whether it is possible (and worth in sense of
>> speed etc.) to directly interface TK into python (without using the
>> TCL interpreter inbetween).
>
> What about "Tkinter 3000" from Pythonware (http://www.pythonware.com)?
> Isn't this supposed to have similar goals, or is the idea to have the
> same API but to use a different implementation technology?

I read the page, and it sounded promising (although the documentation
doesn't really go into technical details).

My two motivations were efficiency and possible elimination of the
(IMHO) ugly and not python-like Tkinter.StringVar() construct (which is
not necessary in TCL/TK because of the direct integration, and might
perhaps be implemented using the new get/set attributes.)

markus
--
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty