Small program trouble WAS Re: Small proram troble

Rob uselesspython at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 20:11:20 EDT 2001

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On 3 Sep 2001, Patio87 wrote:
>

>>I have a problem with this simple program but im very new to python and this is
>>the biggest program i have written. Now I think the problem is the while loop
>>but im not sure if someone could take a look at this it would be apprecitaed
>>

> Yikes. Here's my fixed version:
>
> ---

And here's my fixed version of the fixed version:

import sys

choice = 0

def print_options():
    print "Options:"
    print "'1' Print Options"
    print "'2' Add numbers"
    print "'3' Subtract numbers"
    print "'4' Multiply number"
    print "'5' Divide number"
    print "'6' Exit"

print_options()

while choice != 6:
    choice = raw_input("What would thou like to do?")
    if choice == "1":
        print_options()
    elif choice == "2":
        add = input("What number would you like to add?")
        add2 = input("What other number do you want to add?")
        print "The awnser is", add + add2
    elif choice == "3":
        sub = input("What number do you want to subtract?")
        sub2 = input("What 2nd number do you want to subtract?")
        print "Your awnser is,", sub + sub2
    elif choice == "4":
        mul = input("What number do you want to multiply")
        mul2 = input("What 2nd number do you want to multiply")
        print "Your multiplicated number is", mul * mul2
    elif choice == "5":
        div = input("What is your dividend?")
        div2 = input("What is your numerator?")
        print "Your awnser is", div/div2