Difference pythonw.exe / python.exe !

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Thu Sep 6 09:09:04 EDT 2001

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:11:09 GMT, nikolai.kirsebom at siemens.no (Nikolai
Kirsebom) wrote:

>I observe that when the application is run with 'python.exe applic.py
>...' searching works, however when the application is run with
>'pythonw.exe applic.py ...', searching fails (does not find matches).
>Does anyone have an idea ?

In case you really mean it doesn't find anything (and not: I don't see
anything), you might check if you provide a complete path to the
database. Perhaps you don't and expect the db to be in the current
directory; and that might be different for pythonw.

In case you mean I don't see anything, well, pythonw.exe has no output
console, its a Windowing application.