Newbie Question.. What is the replacement for the ELSE command?.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 14 18:14:54 EDT 2001

    >> I am trying to teach myself Python.  All the online tutorials, have
    >> examples with the else command.  I cant get it to work is there a
    >> replacement?

Not really.  Here are some tips:

    1. Post some example code that's not working.

    2. Make sure your "else" lines up with your "if" and that their
       subsidiary clauses are indented properly, e.g.,

           if age > 90:
               print "hey, I'm gettin' old!"
           else:
               print "geez, I'm just a whippersnapper!"

    3. Check out the tutor and python-help mailing lists.  More about them
       is here:

    4. Check out the various tutorial information at

        http://www.python.org/doc/

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/