Web Application Servers in Python: Hopeful Monsters ?

George Planansky george_planansky at harvard.edu
Mon Sep 3 13:00:58 EDT 2001

The current situation with pythonic web software seems analogous to
the evolutionary situation that pertains with the opening of a new
biological niche, as e.g. with the denizens of the Burgess Shale,
ca. 600 m.y. B.P. .  That makes Zope, Webware, et. al., pythonic
"Hopeful Monsters".

Small comfort to those wondering which horse to ride.  A better
question might be, "Which trilobite?".

For more on the Burgess Fauna etc., S. Gould's paperbacks
are a good read.  For a fine read on on objects and methods from a
bioware p.o.v., check out:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/hopefulmonsterstran.shtml

Apologies in advance to the ICR types reading this who will be
wondering, "How in hell did I end up in a comp.lang list?" . :)