Why can't I import Tkinter from embedded python?

Spam Hater never_spam_me at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 21:04:40 EDT 2001

Hey all:

>From an embedded python interpreter, if I do "import
Tkinter" in the script which it calls, the script
crashses (and I can't see the error, because stack
traces somehow don't end up in my re-directed stderr).

However if I run the same script from a command line,
it works just perfectly.

Note, I can import all kinds of other python modules
line string, math, etc.

(BTW I'm using Python2.0.)

Is there some kind of path that's messed up?  I
checked sys.path and it points to every conceivable
python directory.

This is maddening!

--matt