references/pointers in Python?

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Wed Sep 12 16:06:48 EDT 2001

Hi,

Anton Lavrik <asl at tepkom.ru> schrub:

> Hi.
> I've Started learning Python, and can't find how can I do something
> like $a = \$b
> or
> $a = \*$b
> in Perl.
>
> Generally, I want to define a referce to an integer, or to the
> identifier, that holds it.
> Python is full of references, is it possible to define it directly? Or
> maybe there are some different ways to do it?

I don't speak perl, but I hope I can help you:

To create a reference to an integer, just assing it to a name:

a = 3

This creates a reference to the (immutable) integer 3 and assigns it to
the name a.

markus
--
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty