Zope problem with directory structure

Ken Egervari ken at positive-edge.com
Sat Sep 8 22:49:34 EDT 2001

One of the problems I've been having is this backwards way of including
files (or dtml variables).  Usually I would have a site structure like (from
a PHP environment that is)

/ (index and few other files)
/css (stylesheets)
/src (all site source code)
/src/data (data access components)
/src/application (everything to glue the application's presentation and
data)
/src/presentation (usually templates that construct base html pages as well
as interfaces to application code)
/graphics (images and sub-dirs for specific type of graphics)
/lib (all my library code that I can reuse)

Now, with zope, I understand that you have to put things that are common in
the / directory of Zope.  Well, in my current website directory structure,
that would basically be a lot of stuff that would be unorganized.  Is there
anyway to just call /graphics/imageObject directory?  I don't want to have
to make all my pages have graphics and associate files in the common folder
that it's associated with because 9 times out of 10, it really doesn't
belong there since I need it somewhere else too.

Thanks for the help.