MySQLdb where's fetchoneDict()?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Sep 30 09:50:01 EDT 2001

    Gabriel> I wonder whether there's a fetchoneDict() equivalent to
    Gabriel> fetchallDict() in version 0.9 in case one wants to fetch only
    Gabriel> one row and thus don't want to have the data in a a list of
    Gabriel> dictionaries. (The reason I don't just want to use fetchone()
    Gabriel> is that I've got tables with some 20 fields and it's rather
    Gabriel> hard to handle that many fields in a tuple when you have only
    Gabriel> numerical indexes in order to access them...).

Gabriel,

When you create the database connection you can specify the type of cursor
to use by passing a cursorclass parameter, e.g.:

    self.db = MySQLdb.Connection(host=self.host,
                                 user=self.user,
                                 passwd=self.password,
                                 db=self.database,
                                 cursorclass=MySQLdb.cursors.DictCursorNW)

Try pydoc.help(MySQLdb.cursors) for all the possibilities...

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/