functional vs procedural list comprehension

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Sep 7 17:17:24 EDT 2001

[Peter Dobcsanyi]
> I would be interested in the reasons for the procedural choice and
> arguments for functional vs procedural behavior.

I wouldn't.  If somebody wants faster listcomps, don't argue about it,
implement it.  If it actually has a killer speed advantage, have faith that
Guido will rationalize away any change in semantics <wink> -- but first be
sure there actually is a killer speed advantage.

potential-isn't-always-easy-to-actualize-ly y'rs  - tim