SWIG: MSVC++ [LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python21_d.lib"]

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Fri Sep 21 16:43:36 EDT 2001

Louis Luangkesorn wrote:

> Now I've run into a new problem.  When I try to link, I get the following
> error:
>
> swig
> Compiling...
> numint.c
> cnumint_wrap.c
> Linking...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python21_d.lib"
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> cnumint.dll - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Finally got it to work.  I figured I'd post it here for future reference on
using SWIG with MSVC.

There were a number of places under Project -> Settings that specified
debuging.  The one that seemed to matter was under
C++ -> Code Generation -> Use run-time library.   The default setting for
creating a DLL is "Debug multithreaded DLL".  I changed this to "Multithreaded
DLL"  Of course, this is after deleting a number of "_DEBUG" definitions
throughout the Settings dialog so I don't know if there was a combination of
actions that made it work of if was just this.  Now onto getting the rest of my
work done. . .

Louis

--
K Louis Luangkesorn