COMServer questions!!

Sunit Joshi sjoshi at ingr.com
Wed Sep 26 13:51:25 EDT 2001

Hi All
I was wondering if someone else has noted this problem: I'm calling a
PythonCOM object from VB and if I pass a variable to it then I seem to
loose the value of the variable. Is it because all variables are
passed by reference ? For ex:

        Set oTestCom = CreateObject("PyCom.FileAccess")
        If Not oTestCom Is Nothing Then
            oTestCom.OpenFile selectedFile, "r"
            lblFileName.Caption = selectedFile 'I loose selectedFile
value here
            'Everything else works fine though

Is this a WAD or am'I doing something wrong here

thanks
Sunit