RH 7.1/Fail upgrading to Python2: Why?

Frederic Faure ffaure at bigSPAMGAMOUTAKUSANfoot.com
Thu Sep 6 10:56:27 EDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:22:54 -0400 (EDT), Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
<ignacio at openservices.net> wrote:
>Have you tried recompiling from the SRPM?

No, and the RPM for Python 2.1.1 worked. The reason I asked, however,
is to understand what can possibly keep RPM to complain: If all the
required libraries are installed through RPM, and rpm -qa shows that
all is well, what's the problem? This has already happened to me in
the past, so it was an opportunity to understand the cause for such
behavior.

Thx
FF.