"self" vs other names

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Sep 28 23:43:02 EDT 2001

Grant Griffin wrote:

> In article <3BB3EF91.BA8B9D59 at engcorp.com>, Peter says...
> >
> >Grant Griffin wrote:
> >>
> >[LOL... snip brilliant comic treatise on self]
> >>
> >>For me, four letters isn't too many.  I can't really justify that except to say
> >
> >Ah, but there's the one mistake yourself made.  For "me", four letters
> >would be two letters too many.  Otherwise it would be "meee", or "melf"
> >or something like that.  Still acceptable to Python, naturally, but
> >curiously enthusiastic-sounding to most other programmers.
> >
> >> Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
> >> Publisher of dspGuru                           http://www.dspguru.com
> >> Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com
> >
> >Iowegian is definitely a better name than Me-o-us-gian though...
> >

> Very good--you topped me!

Oh, I don't think so!  I've saved your posting for
distribution to lighten the mood at work sometime. :)

> tickled-just-to-see-that-somebody-got-it-ly y'rs,

Not sure which part I "got"... did you drop that
"for me, four letters..." part deliberately?  Or the
company name?  I *know* you didn't pick the company
name just to let you write parodies about self in Python! :)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com