PythonWin 2.1 saving bugg???

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Oct 31 12:40:43 EST 2001

"Tim Gahnström /Bladerman" <tim at bladerman.com> wrote in
news:DPHD7.3517$Z_1.615833 at newsc.telia.net:
> I were in the testing phase of a program I had made (actually a lab
> report) . When PythonWin 2.1 for some reason didnt want to save my file
> again. I tried saving it under a different name but it didnt work
> either, it just ended up with a text saying
> saving...
> in the bottom grey field.
> I had just done minor changes since last save so I didnt really
> consider it a big problem. But after (abruptly and with scandisk...)
> having restarted the computer I came back and found that my program
> wasn't ther at all! anymore.

i had some troubles with non-english characters like "umlaut"/äöü. at least
in older vestions of pythonwin deleting such a character did't deleted the
character attribute. in this state pythonwin refused to save the file until
i deleted that character too.

these problems _are_ fixed in PyWin 2.1 but maybe there is still a small
bug left.
maybe it has to do something with broken two byte unicode characters in
UTF8 encoding, but i don't realy know.

the best solution in cases where i counld't find the illegal character, was
to copy the entire file and paste it in an other editor.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>