Will Ware alive? (was Re: where lives uthread (microthreads) now ??)

Will Ware wware at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 15 00:39:00 EDT 2001

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> [x-posted to c.l.py and python-dev]
>
> In article <3b091a1c.0110080739.23205b07 at posting.google.com>,
> cmkl <cmkleffner at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> >I wanted to test a samle code with microthreads needed.
> >The download area: http://world.std.com/~wware/uthread.html
> >is not available however.
> >
> >Is there a mirror to get this code somewhere?
>
> Has anybody heard from Will Ware since 9/12?  E-mail to him doesn't
> bounce, but I haven't received any reply.

Sorry for the confusion. You can now find the microthreads document
at http://willware.net:8080/uthread.html
and my new email address is wware at alum.mit.edu. I am very much alive,
but I have been a slacker about keeping the microthreads stuff up to
date. The examples in the microthreads document were correct as of a
few versions ago, but other folks ran ahead with the development. I
think the newest-coolest-bestest version is whatever Mike Fletcher is
using, as he has been subjecting it to the harshest conditions and
patching it as needed.

Mike, if you see this, can you check and make sure I have the most
recent version at http://willware.net:8080/uthread.py ? I'd appreciate
it, thanks.

I am an East Coaster, but I had the good fortune to be out of harm's
way on Sept 11th. Thanks for your concern.

--
"How many roads must a man walk down?"  -- Bob Dylan
"Eleven"  -- Spinal Tap
Will Ware                         wware at alum.mit.edu