ActivePython 2.2 alpha status

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Mon Oct 29 20:08:29 EST 2001

Carl Caulkett wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've downloaded the latest alpha release of ActiveState's ActivePython,
> with a view to playing with some of the new 2.2 features such as
> iterators, abilty to sub-class types, etc. As far as I can see, the new
> features all work apart from the new property keyword. Can anyone
> confirm that this is what they see?

ActivePython's 2.2 Alpha is based on a version of CVS Python that did
not yet expose the property keyword (alpha 2)

> Mark H, if you are reading, could you let me know what the timeframe is
> for a full release of ActivePython 2.2?

Mark is not very involved in ActivePython. He is more involved with
ActiveState's Komodo project. ActivePython 2.2 will be released within a
few days of Python 2.2. We will probably have another beta over the next
month also.

 Paul Prescod