connecting database

DeepBlue DeepBlue at DeepBlue.org
Wed Oct 31 16:24:25 EST 2001

Re:connecting databasefor ODBC connectivity with mxODBC:
http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

for direct access to Oracle 8icheck DCOracle2:
http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2

For your own delight and enlightment - I used www.google.com to get all this
information.
For further enlightment - if you want to use mysql, then download it and use
it and experiment with it and see how it works.
DeepBlue

"Alves, Carlos Alberto - Coelce" <calves at coelce.com.br> wrote in message
I know there's versions of mysql for Windows. So, I was thinking how can I
install one of that, make some basic database and, after all, connecti that
through python programs.
I think I'm going to check out mxODBC. Can I get it from Python site?!
From: DeepBlue [mailto:DeepBlue at DeepBlue.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 4:21 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: connecting database

what database do you want to connect to?
On windows, you can use ODBC.
On Python site, or using a search engine like Google type:
Python, database    or
Python ODBC
and you are going to get many sites.
For windows and ODBC check out mxODBC package.
DeepBlue
"Alves, Carlos Alberto - Coelce" <calves at coelce.com.br> wrote in message
I'm using python under Windows. How can I do it?!I have no idea!!!
Carlos Alberto
COELCE/DPRON-Departamento de Projetos e Obras Norte
Fone: 677- 2228
e-mail: calves at coelce.com.br
\|||/
(o o)
--ooo0-(_)-0ooo--

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 02:37:35PM -0300, Alves, Carlos Alberto - Coelce
wrote:
> How can I connect to databases?!
   By installing apropriate DB API driver.
Oleg.