Problems With ColourSelect Box Inside A wxDialog

Robert Amesz reqhye72zux at mailexpire.com
Wed Oct 10 11:14:58 EDT 2001

William Wonneberger wrote:

> I restored the original version of the ColourSelect.py module, and
> called the statement as specified above, and still the ColourSelect
> control was not displayed inside the dialog box.

Just a quick response,  as I'm in a bit of a hurry now. Looking at

   wxDialog.__init__(self, parent, -1, "wxPlotter Settings",
        wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(350, 200))

and

   self.colorselect = ColourSelect(self, -1, [0, 0, 110],
        wxPoint(70, 200), wxDefaultSize)

It would seem that you're putting the control *outside* your dialog
area. (That's one of the reasons I always use sizers these days.)

Robert Amesz