python development practices?

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed Oct 31 00:12:57 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 pzw1 at cornell.edu wrote:

> ground?  are there no real development groups using python with high
> time-to-market pressures and imperfect process?

Uh... are there any groups using Python who do *not* have high
time-to-market pressures and imperfect processes? :-) I know we sure do,
which is why we rely so heavily on stuff like unittests - they shorten
time to market, especially on successive releases (ie - you can make it to
your first release without tests, but heaven help you if you try to
replace that ugly module with a better one without breaking the world!).

Have fun,
Dave