Why 'self' ?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Wed Oct 31 21:05:52 EST 2001

[Russell E. Owen]
> One interesting question is whether Guido sees "self" as a problem.

I don't think so; worse, I don't believe he thinks it's an interesting
question <wink>.

> If he does, he might be tempted to fix it in some future incompatible
> version

Unlikely at best.

> (anybody know if version 3 is going to be the fabled incompatible
> Python 3000?).

Depending on who you ask, Python 1.6 was the fabled incompatible Python
3000.  Some "hard" incompatibilities are scheduled for version 3, including
a change in the meaning of integer division (to be optional in 2.2), and
likely a facelift for some of the monsters lurking in the dark corners of
types and classes.

plus-llambda-will-be-spelled-with-two-els-ly y'rs  - tim