None

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Oct 24 17:32:41 EDT 2001

/F (displaying insight most of us only _dream_ of) pointed at exactly this
error yesterday:

>     # only use the first item
>     egg, None, None = 1, 2, 3
>
> this gives you an "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'None'
> referenced before assignment" on the *output* line.
>
> to fix this, change the last line to, say,
>
>     egg, dummy, dummy = 1, 2, 3
>
> </F>

Which makes me wonder if the both the list and news groups are getting all
messages.  Others have recently voiced concerns that volumes are low or that
they've missed start of threads or that (in this case) answers appear to be
missed.

Can anyone confirm that things are working the way they're supposed to?

Or maybe it's time to look for something better than news.cis.dfn.de?

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

---------