(no subject)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Oct 1 20:20:47 EDT 2001

"Chase Turner" <dusterzx77 at hotmail.com> wrote...
> hello, my name is chase. I'm very new to programing and to python. I'm
> having a little trouble in using python. I don't know how to creat a
program
> using it. To be truthful i know nothing at all about python 2.1.1 i
believe.
> I was wondering if you could help me. There is a window like the dos
window
> and i can write stuff but when i type in stuff in code i get from the net
> make a program it works but it only appears on the dos like screen. How do
> you make it into a program? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Chase:

Suppose you get some code from the 'Net. Save it in a file called
program.py, then in a command (DOS) window change to the directory you
stored the file in and type in

python program.py

The Python interpreter will compile and run the program, and you will see
the results appear in the command window.

regards
 Steveh
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/