Off-topic: hiding your email address - don't bother...

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Oct 8 18:34:08 EDT 2001

In article <7xr8sq5y5e.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
Paul Rubin  <phr-n2001 at nightsong.com> wrote:

>If I post a question to c.l.py, I make a point of checking the newsgroup
>for answers.  I really would prefer NOT to get emailed replies, especially
>if the answer is also in the newsgroup.

It's a little more complicated than that: remember that c.l.py is *also*
python-list at python.org, and the mailing list was here first.  Lots of
people prefer e-mail to netnews, and it's pretty standard practice from
the e-mail side to also cc directly (mainly because many e-mail lists
make Reply-To point at the poster rather than the list, so the only
convenient way to hit the list, too, is to hit Reply-All).

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.