PythonWin 2.1 saving bugg???

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 31 17:01:18 EST 2001

Tim Gahnström:
> There is several undelete programs... I downloaded a few and they found a
> zillion different deleted files... but not mine!!! groar"#¤"#!!! Got to do
> some working instead I guess :-((

   If you know anything about the file contents, such as a string to search
for that is reasonably unique then you can search all the blocks of the disk
for that string.
http://www.scintilla.org/LowLevel.py
   is some code I used for finding some lost emails from a disk that died
once. The f.seek call is to ignore the first 1.8G which were the wrong
partition and the loop range is based on where the right partition was - I
think you can just read until read fails instead if you want to search the
whole disk.

   Neil